Workactive Exercise Rehabilitation Program is a twelve week program
consisting of six weeks fully supervised and six weeks partially
supervised exercise. The program commences with an assessment and
report by the Physiotherapist and the client is then reviewed three
weeks by the Physiotherapist and the Exercise Physiologist. The
goal is to achieve a lasting, cost effective rehabilitation from
injury, and to facilitate the transition between injury treatment
and return to work.
- The Workactive program includes the use of modern gym apparatus
for strengthening and also incorporates the widely acclaimed Pilates
- This consists of guided exercise with a focus on breathing,
concentration, abdominal control, postural awareness and relaxation.
- The emphasis is not only on the type of exercise but on the
sequence of exercise and the quality of movement.
- This helps to restore normal function as well as promote both
physical and mental well being.
- One of the most important aspects of successful rehabilitation
is the progression of exercise.
- Depending on the client's physical capacity, they may commence
on either one of three levels of resistance exercise: 1. Easy
2. Moderate 3.Work Hardening.
- Their progress is monitored by both the Physiotherapist and
the Exercise Physiologist. As the client's physical capacity improves,
they may be progressed to the next level of difficulty.
- Level three is the advanced level that also incorporates specific
Work Hardening. This may include on site training.
- The advantage of this progression is that it helps to motivate
th injured person as they progress from one level to the next.
It also assists in communication of the injured person's status
to others involved in their rehabilitation.
- Exercise Physiologist
- In consultation with the treating doctor or referring specialist
- We use safe modern facilities offering Hydrotherapy and Gymnasium
- Alternatively, we are able to offer the program at gyms located
closer to the client's home or workplace
- The focus from the outset is on the client's mobility and physical
- Following a pre-exercise participation questionnaire, an individual
Workactive exercise program is designed. The emphasis is on active
- The Workactive program is based on the principles of sports
injury rehabilitation. These include cardiovascular fitness to
prevent deconditioning along with specific endurance strength
flexibility and co-ordination retraining.
- A Workactive exercise program is always preceded by a warm
up and followed by a cool down. The latter includes a relaxation
- Where levels of pain inhibit gym exercise, Hydrotherapy may
be recommended prior to commencement of the Workactive program.
- Workactive is a twelve week program consisting of six weeks
fully supervised and six weeks unsupervised exercise. The program
is reviewed every three weeks by the Exercise Physiologist and
- Following each review the Physiotherapist and the Exercise
Physiologist reports are forwarded to the parties involved in
rehabilitation. As required, the Client's program may be extended
for more than twelve weeks. This is done in consultation with
the relevant parties.
Workactive 2000. All information contained on this site is the subject
of copyright and may not be copied or stored for retrieval purposes
in any way.